Bone Grafting After Care Guide
Oral Health and Oral Hygiene
Bone grafting or regenerative surgery is a treatment for a dental disease called periodontitis. This disease removes gum coverage and the tissue that supports the teeth. This surgery prepares the mouth for future dental implants as regenerative surgery regrows lost tissue.
For Decreased Pain & Decreased Healing Time
- Use ice-packs on the side of your face where the surgery was performed.
- Eat a diet of soft foods
- Take over-the-counter medicine for pain if necessary.
- Use a salt water rinse 3 times per day starting the day after your surgery.
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Get plenty of rest
- Make a follow-up appointment
Please Do NOT;
- Do not blow your nose if your sinus was involved in the procedure.
- Do not attempt to look at the area by lifting your lip. Doing so may tear the sutures and delay healing time.
- Do not smoke. Chemicals in your body from cigarette smoke will increase healing time.
- Do not eat spicy foods
- Do not use a straw.
- Do not drink alcohol
- Do not brush teeth in the wound area
Increased Comfort & Healing Time
These are general instructions designed to increase your comfort level and to increase healing time. Please call All Dental in Westborough if you have pain that can’t be controlled with over-the-counter medicine or if you have severe bleeding or develop a fever. Please return to your dentist Westborough, MA for removal of sutures and follow-up appointments.
At All Dental Westborough, we want your oral surgery and all of your dental procedures to be successful and as comfortable as possible. We encourage you to call us anytime with questions of any nature. Your dentist in Westborough is here for all of your dental needs.
Dentist Westborough, MA: Oral Health and Oral Hygiene
NEW PATIENT OFFER*
valued at $400+
Includes: cleaning, all necessary x-rays, exam, treatment plan
Additional treatment and fees may be required. If other treatment is required, your cleaning (prophylaxis) may be scheduled for a future date and/or may be applied to a service of equal or greater value. May not be used more than once and cannot be combined with other offers or discounted fees. May not be valid on emergency visits. Requires payment at first visit. No cash value.
76 Otis Street,
Westborough MA 01581