After Care Guidelines Following Your Sinus Lift Surgery
Oral Health and Oral Hygiene
Thank you for choosing All Dental in Westborough to do your sinus lift surgery. We want your surgery to be successful and we want you to be as comfortable as possible following the procedure. The following guidelines were put in place to give you solutions, to keep you comfortable and to aid in the healing process.
A sinus lift is also called sinus augmentation. The procedure add bone to your upper jaw near the area of your molars and premolars. The bone is placed between your jaw and maxillary sinuses which are located on both sides of the nose. To make room for the bone the sinus membrane is lifted or moved upward.
Following a sinus lift surgery bleeding is a common occurrence for the first twenty-four hours. If bleeding occurs place a sterile gauze pad on the wound area and bite down gently for thirty minutes. If bleeding cannot be controlled, please call All Dental for further instruction.
- Take over-the-counter medicines for pain.
- Use ice-packs on the side of your face where the surgery was performed.
- Eat a soft diet.
- Do not chew vigorously.
- Do not bite down or put pressure on the implanted tooth.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not spit.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages.
- Do not rinse for 24 hours.
- Do not touch the surgical site with your fingers or tongue.
- Do not rinse your mouth the day of the surgery.
- Do not wear dentures until instructed by your dentist.
- Do not blow your nose or aggressively wipe it.
At All Dental Westborough, we want your oral surgery and all of your dental procedures to be as successful and as comfortable as possible. We encourage you to call us anytime with questions of any nature. Your Westborough dentist is here for all of your dental needs.